Firefighter Robbed, Pistol-Whipped At Fire Station

A volunteer firefighter was pistol-whipped and robbed at gunpoint as he was returning from a call.

Craven County Captain Joe Heckman tells WITN News that it happened Tuesday night around 9:00 p.m. at a substation for Vanceboro Volunteer Fire Department on Oak Grove Road.

Heckman says Nidal Tokhli had backed the fire truck into the station when two men robbed him. The victim says one of them pistol-whipped him, hitting him in the head with the handgun.

The robbers took cash from the firefighter and then left.

Anyone with information on this robbery should call the Craven County Sheriff's Office at (252) 636-6620.

• by Saddened Location: Thugville on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Unfortunately, we have reached the point in this country where the % of dirtbags compared to good productive citizens is out of whack. Thank liberals and their feel-good system of wealth re-distribution form working people to the obstructionist class. Sorry people are out-breeding good people 20-to-1 because there is no incentive to be responsible anymore. The "poor" are paid to begat more poor. Checks for babies, babies for checks. This is what you get.
  • by Nidal Tokhli Location: vanceboro on Mar 17, 2012 at 04:40 PM
    Thanks for everyone who commented their support for volunteer firefighters like me. I know who you are so make it easy and turn yourself in.
      by I didn't support you on Mar 17, 2012 at 04:55 PM in reply to Nidal Tokhli
      Now go back to work....... You work for me and your not some hero. Stop watching movies and TV shows.....
        by geez on Mar 17, 2012 at 09:04 PM in reply to I didn't support you
        big talk! hope your house is made of inflammable material. of course it probably wouldnt matter if this person saved your life from certain death, you would probably still be rude and ungrateful.
          by You Tell 'Em! on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM in reply to geez
          Yeah, ungrateful would be the term I'd use. People like that don't deserve a Fire Department. Give them some buckets and a garden hose. They probably think they can do it themselves. Ha!
  • by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2012 at 04:24 AM
    Where be my obama stimulate check?
      by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM in reply to
      have you checked your mail box
  • by boo Location: aurarua on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    this is just stupid people will rob anybody at any time now of days and it is just stupid especially fire fighters there out there to help our country also it is just stupid
  • by I have every right to my opinion on Mar 16, 2012 at 06:22 PM
    I don't find fire fighters necessary, at least not at the numbers in service today. The State is broke and all I ever hear is drivel about how "they risk their life for yours 24 hrs a day". I call bologna - washing new trucks and sitting outside the firehouse is all I see...
      by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 07:25 PM in reply to I have every right to my opinion
      Very well put. Firefighters, police officers, and of course our military "heroes" cannot be talked down upon at anytime.
        by Anonymous on Mar 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM in reply to
        Everybody has a right to an opinion. The public has a right to despise those who talk down upon our real heroes.
      by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:20 PM in reply to I have every right to my opinion
      You are totally sick.
      by tug on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:46 PM in reply to I have every right to my opinion
      You obviously don't know what your talking about 76% of all firefighters in America are volunteers. We DON'T GET PAID! In eastern NC the percentage is much higher. I can speak from personal knowledge of New Bern's career dept. They don't sit around and wash trucks. New Bern answers an average of 5 alarms a day and its increasing. All firefighters are also required to maintain 36 hours of training a year, but many do more. I did 96 last year and have over 40 so far this year. ( Again, I don't get paid). We also have to maintain equipment standards and paperwork standards set forth by NFPA and the state as well as OSHA. We maintain hydrants and the water system. All of this work by both career and volunteer firefighters in eastern NC, lower your insurance rates on your home and businesses. We are graded and the lower the grade the lower your rates. New trucks?? Yeah right, Average age is 15 to 20 years old. They look new because we take care of them! A proper response to a normal house fire require at least 2 trucks ( one to fight it and one to supply water)and three is proper, especially in a multi story structure that requires an ladder truck. before you criticize firefighter, go to your nearest station and talk the them. We will gladly show you where your tax dollars are being spent. We would also appreciate your own time and back to help others in our community. Ever seen a wreck or been in one? Ever heard of a gas leak or overturned tanker? Who mitigated the problem? Guess who goes and cuts the vehicle away from a shattered body, praying they are fast enough to get you to a hospital to save your life. Outside of New Bern, Greenville, Washington, etc, it will be a volunteer.
        by boo on Mar 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM in reply to tug
        avencally you don't know what you are talking about people will rob anybody that has money on them
        by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2012 at 02:18 AM in reply to tug
        Tug, thank you for your volunteer service. Because of city/county budget cuts to professional fire and rescue departments across the nation, we will probably see more volunteer fire departments spring up.
        by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2012 at 07:12 AM in reply to tug
        Thanks for your service! One of my smoke detectors started smoking and found out it was due to an electrical problem. I didn't even have to call and they were outside my house in minutes like johnny on the spot. I think they said my detectors were somehow connected to the station. idk. They are there like good insurance, just in case. Woot Woot to firefighters!
      by Anonymous on Mar 17, 2012 at 05:44 AM in reply to I have every right to my opinion
      I smell a TROLL
  • by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 05:49 PM
    Actually you're not a moron.They left you behind the door when God made morons.VOLUNTEER!!Dummy! Not a PUBLIC SERVANT!
  • by Freebyrd Location: Williamston on Mar 16, 2012 at 03:10 PM
    A citizen who volunteers to risk his life to help others gets robbed. I hope the lowlifes that did this, are proud of themselves. I further hope that they need a volunteer FF or Rescue sometime real soon
      by Just because he's a FF on Mar 16, 2012 at 04:18 PM in reply to Freebyrd
      he shouldn't get robbed? What about us, are you saying the FF is better than the rest of us?
        by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 04:56 PM in reply to Just because he's a FF
        Get a life dude....you know what he's saying.
        by MD on Mar 16, 2012 at 04:59 PM in reply to Just because he's a FF
        Yea, we are better than you useless!!!!
        by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 07:26 PM in reply to Just because he's a FF
        Most firefighters are egotistical, testotserone intoxicated neanderthals.
          by amazing on Mar 17, 2012 at 09:07 PM in reply to
          from what statistical report are you getting that from?
        by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 08:20 PM in reply to Just because he's a FF
        Grow up.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 02:56 PM
    You can thank our LAME USELESS GOOD-FOR-NOTHING "justice" system for this.....the thugs are no longer worried about their "punishment".
      by Anonymous on Mar 18, 2012 at 01:55 AM in reply to
      do not forget to vote next election. the voters have the power to fire these worthless judges and other worthless elected officials.
  • by Biker Dude on Mar 16, 2012 at 01:59 PM
    What is this world coming to? Has the east really become so evil that they start attacking those who freely give their time to the community. We truly are in a sorry state of existence. I am glad the fireman is ok he could have been killed by these leaches of society.
      by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 03:18 PM in reply to Biker Dude
      You are right on!
      by Anonymous on Mar 16, 2012 at 05:19 PM in reply to Biker Dude
      It's not just the east, its everywhere Biker Dude. God help us all.
  • by Anonymous Location: NB on Mar 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    What low lifes! I hope Mr. Tokhi is ok and thank you to him for risking his life to save others and their property.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 142931915 - witn.com/a?a=142931915