FIRST ON WITN: Williamston Bojangles Robbed

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

There's been another fast food restaurant robbery in the east.

Authorities say the Bojangles in Williamston at 401 East Boulevard was robbed Friday night. Martin County dispatchers confirm the store was robbed about 9:00 p.m. and law enforcement from three counties responded from Pitt, Beaufort and Martin counties.

An officer on the scene says no one was injured. He says three masked men robbed the restaurant and at least one had a handgun. He says they fled on foot and they were still searching for the suspects late Friday.

• by Holly Location: Raleigh on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    I'm from Martin County and after reading about all the craziness that's been going on I'm pretty glad I don't live there anymore. I know things happen where I am now, but my gosh. Never in the 18 years I lived there had I heard about so many robberies and violence.
      by Anonymous on Jan 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM in reply to Holly
      Newsflash honey it is more crime where you live at now than there will ever be in Martin County.
  • by Poor White Trash Location: PBX on Jan 17, 2012 at 03:46 AM
    I will tell facebook about these comments your station allow up here . You are probably the Grand Wizard
      by c-had on Jan 24, 2012 at 01:56 AM in reply to Poor White Trash
      F!@# FACEBOOK!Find more usefull things to do with your time than freinding people you will never meet and probably wouldnt like if you did.I have to accept the fact that I will never understand you followers.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Jan 15, 2012 at 02:08 PM
    Again, these two were arrested BEFORE Friday night. How could they have robbed the Williamston Bo. if incarcerated already? Please, take down the photo, if it was not them.
  • by Ed Location: Williamston on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:59 PM
    One innocent person killed and a lawsuit by an intelligent law firm and Katy bar the door. Bogangles could be named King Chicken or Quack-a-Doodle-Do. Money also stops alot of meaness.
  • by TAXPAYER Location: WILLIAMSTON on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:17 PM
    Set the scene 1900 hrs. Sat.Jan 14,2011 Dairy Queen Williamston NC. IN WALKS 3 ON DUTY WILLIAMSTON POLICE OFFICERS AND 1 MARTIN COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPUTY. Who was on patrol in the town of Williamston.I would bet my last dollar that these 3 WPD OFFICERS were the only ones working Williamston and they were all out for meal break together. So Williamston was left unguarded while they fed their face.MEAL BREAKS SHOULD BE STAGGERED SO SOMEBODY IS ON PATROL AT ALL TIMES.
      by doesn't matter on Jan 14, 2012 at 09:27 PM in reply to TAXPAYER
      Have you ever seen these guys when they get a call in the midle of their meal? I have. They jump us an go - don't even get a chance to finish their meal. It does not matter that they were all in there at the same time. Even is one was still out there in one part of town/county, a crime could be going on in another area. And the other ones would jump up once the call came in. It would be nice if we had enough LEO for each corner. It would be even better if those hoodlums would change. Unfortunately, I don't see either happening.
        by taxpayer on Jan 15, 2012 at 01:02 PM in reply to doesn't matter
        If that one officer takes one drunk off the street or catches one burglar or prevents one robbery thats worth him being on the street.I WILL ARGUE MY POINT TIL I AM BLUE IN THE FACE THEY AREN'T GOING TO GET UP AND GO LIKE FIRE OR EMS DOES
        by Holly on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM in reply to doesn't matter
        I use to work at Dairy Queen and saw many times where the police and firemen would be eating and get a call. It's not like they stayed and sat around- they were up and out in about a minute.
      by Anonymous on Jan 14, 2012 at 09:53 PM in reply to TAXPAYER
      LOL..Mow-Ron
      by Chris on Jan 14, 2012 at 09:57 PM in reply to TAXPAYER
      Yea, because you know "THEY COULDNT RESPOND TO A CALL FROM DAIRY QUEEN" like they could "FROM ANYWHERE ELSE IN WILLIAMSTON". I bet "NO ONE ROBBED DAIRY QUEEN" did they? "SO WILLIAMSTON WAS NOT LEFT UNGUARDED" Have a nice day :)
      by Miss ENC on Jan 15, 2012 at 06:00 PM in reply to TAXPAYER
      Excuse me? My Dad is a sheriff's deputy- I've witnessed many occasions where he would be eating and would have to leave in the middle of the meal because of a call. It's no different if they were in their cars eating at DQ or inside. Are you proposing no meal breaks during 12 hour shifts? Get off your high horse.
        by Petey Pirate on Jan 15, 2012 at 06:40 PM in reply to Miss ENC
        That is probably why the deputies are so fat. They are always feeding their face insted of out protecting the citizens. Go do your job fools!
          by Miss ENC on Jan 15, 2012 at 07:33 PM in reply to Petey Pirate
          Yes because God knows you don't need food for energy, IE, for working! How dare they EAT!
      by LEO on Jan 23, 2012 at 02:19 PM in reply to TAXPAYER
      By the way I am a Williamston Police officer that was on duty that night and i was not at Dairy Queen. Plus there were undercover officers out that night to. Just wondering is it wrong to actually get a chance to eat when most of the time we dont. Think before you speak. How many people were you work go out to eat at 1200 hours
        by c-had on Jan 24, 2012 at 02:00 AM in reply to LEO
        1200 hours.lol.Dude you are NOT in the military and if you know you are going to be busy defending the stupid public maybe you should pack a lunch.
          by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM in reply to c-had
          C-had. You must be some wanna be gangsta who cant get a job and live off of well fare.lol what kind of name is that. They use military time. If you even have a job do you pack your lunch or do you and all the other people you work with go out to eat at lunch. I dont see why people make it such a big deal what they do. You sure aint out doing there job. I support them and if they get time to eat they why not go eat. People need to let up on law enforcement.
  • by Kenneth Location: Deep Run on Jan 14, 2012 at 03:07 PM
    What needs to happen is for us to arm ourselves and when these punks rob somebody or break into a home, blow them away.
      by Fed Up on Jan 16, 2012 at 08:27 PM in reply to Kenneth
      AMEN!!!!
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on Jan 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    How much money does the DNC need to raise for Obimbo? He won't win but regardless....they are still raisin money for him. Geeez, does he need a billion dollars?
      by Jennie on Jan 14, 2012 at 03:58 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
      Seriously, WHAT does this have to do with this story? Absolutely nothing. I'm sure there are forums you could rant and rave on but this isn't the place.
        by U So Right!!!!!!! on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:12 PM in reply to Jennie
        I'm in total agreement with you!
      by c-had on Jan 14, 2012 at 07:34 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
      You wouldnt be named Hood Richardson,would you?
  • by laura Location: greenville on Jan 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    In Williamston, they take the chicken.
      by jojo on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:35 PM in reply to laura
      I can see you have never eaten there...the chicken is better in Greenville...
  • by ineffective on Jan 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM
    It appears that criminals have outsmarted LE employees and taken over the streets in the Pitt County area.
  • by simple solutions Location: enc on Jan 14, 2012 at 09:29 AM
    In my grandfather's time they knew how to deal with this sort of thing. The Klan had a big white cross at his funeral. Was at a Klan metting when I was a kid but did not know it at the time.
      by To simple solutions on Jan 14, 2012 at 10:04 AM in reply to simple solutions
      Something is very wrong with you.
        by parmele on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:06 PM in reply to To simple solutions
        for real,but then look at the name being used.it says it all.
      by Lavon on Jan 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM in reply to simple solutions
      Come burn one in my yard and see what happens. I guarantee you'll have an express ride to the Hospital
        by Anonymous on Jan 14, 2012 at 04:58 PM in reply to Lavon
        What is your address?
        by Sam on Jan 15, 2012 at 12:27 PM in reply to Lavon
        Ooooohhhh so Labum is trying to be all big and bad. This guy likes to make love to Al and Jesse.
      by You are brain damaged on Jan 14, 2012 at 12:28 PM in reply to simple solutions
      Please leave this country. We don't want you here...
      by parmele on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:05 PM in reply to simple solutions
      are you proud. really
      by AND??? on Jan 14, 2012 at 05:17 PM in reply to simple solutions
      And this is something that you're proud of? I see why you call yourself "simple"!
      by Anonymous on Jan 14, 2012 at 07:10 PM in reply to simple solutions
      better times back then
        by NAAWP on Jan 15, 2012 at 05:12 PM in reply to
        These are good days too if you associate with the right group.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137329073 - witn.com/a?a=137329073