Couple To Appear In Court In Sister's Slaying

The brother charged with murdering his sister has confessed to police.

Gary Metzger, 54, and his wife, Ann Metzger, 34, remain behind bars in Goldsboro. The two are charged with the murder of Jean Metzger Hubbard, 66, of Goldsboro.

Since being charged in the killing two weeks ago, Goldsboro police say Gary Metzger has confessed to killing his sister in the living room of his home, according to the Goldsboro News Argus.

Hubbard went missing for nearly a week before her body was found in the woods off Highway 70. The Metzgers are both due in court Monday.

Previous Story

The brother and sister in law of a missing woman found dead Thursday afternoon are behind bars charged with killing the woman.

The body of 66-year-old Jean Metzger Hubbard of Goldsboro was found off of U.S. Highway 70 in Goldsboro. She was reported missing on Monday. She was last seen leaving work on Friday.

Goldsboro police have now arrested her brother, 54-year-old Gary Metzger and 34-year-old Ann Metzger and charged them each with murder.

The suspects are being held in the Wayne County Jail without bond.

Previous Story

Two people have been arrested after a woman's body was found along the road in Wayne County.

The sheriff's office tells WITN the body was found off of U.S. Highway 70.

The victim has been identified as 66-year-old Jean Metzger Hubbard of Goldsboro, who was reported missing this week. She was last seen leaving work on Friday.

The names of those in custody have not been released yet.

• by Still in Morning Location: Virginia on Oct 11, 2011 at 07:58 AM
    All of you people should be ashamed. Have you nothing to say about the people involved? What does the race issue have to due with this family? And just for the record he is her adopted brother. I am more family to Jean than her "brother" ever was.
  • by anonymous Location: Washington on Aug 20, 2011 at 05:18 PM
    Lavon, I agree if someone black had committed this heinous crime it would have been 4 million posts. And what does Pres. Obama have to do with this?
  • by anonymous Location: Washington on Aug 20, 2011 at 05:17 PM
  • by Anonymous on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    I am white and I agree with Lavon. He states the truth. It is always more comments on the black people stories than white. I do not take up for anyone, but I also don't talk about them either.
  • by Mark on Aug 19, 2011 at 07:45 PM
    These animals should be executed...
  • by Gray on Aug 19, 2011 at 04:25 PM
    Terrible thing about life is that you can't choose your blood relatives. I am quite sure if you could some families would be perfect....
  • by SICK! on Aug 19, 2011 at 06:54 AM
    This is sad, the lady was 66 and still worked according to the story. Her brother should have shame and I really hope justice is served!! I hope he gets the death penalty!! And for all you race card playing people.......for the record I am WHITE!! I don't care what color anyone is if they commit a crime like this they should all get the death penalty!! I wish our state would enforce it more!! Poor lady......bless the rest of her family!!
  • by MB Location: Martin County on Aug 19, 2011 at 05:39 AM
    I'm starting to notice that a lot of the people posting on all of these threads, are just as crazy, as the people they are posting about!
  • by doesn't matter Location: goldsboro on Aug 5, 2011 at 08:10 PM
    Some of you people posting these comments need to stick with the story and stop using this as a place to gripe and complain about something you just have on your mind. All the racial and political comments are not necessary. These two people did what they did and it could've happened anywhere, Goldsboro, Kinston, Raleigh, ANYWHERE, crime is all over.
      by Uhhh on Aug 19, 2011 at 04:47 AM in reply to doesn't matter
      political comments? Have you not noticed crimes here in the areas east of 95 has grown dramatically since 08. In 08 I seem to recall a gentleman (used loosely) "promising" J O B S would be 1 of his priorities. Back to the story. The man took a life and he needs to be put to death for it. But NOO00! Wrong doers have more rights than wronged in our society today. Shame huh. The spiral nosedive is in progress right now as we are living in historical times.
  • by SMH on Aug 5, 2011 at 08:01 PM
    shes an Ooooold lookin 34. I am 30 and look lower twenties an Im a dude SMH
      by Anonymous on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:39 PM in reply to SMH
      I am 39 years old and look younger than her. Looks like she had a hard life.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126804463 - witn.com/a?a=126804463