WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

Goldsboro Stabbing Suspect Charged In Previous Stabbing

More Video...

Several people are speaking out saying a Goldsboro man charged in a recent stabbing was accused in other violent attacks a couple of years ago.

Kelton Sutton is charged in an attack last week where Goldsboro Police say he stabbed a man several times in the leg at the intersection of George and Oak street.

Johnny Shingleton tells WITN Sutton was charged with stabbing him in 2010 but wasn't convicted.

Shigleton says, "He jumped on me, and when he did he cut me."

But documents at the Wayne County Courthouse show Sutton was found not guilty of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill in Shingleton's case.

Two other men told us Sutton also attacked them in 2010, but there are no records of that at the courthouse.

For the recent stabbing case, Sutton is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and he's charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

He's in jail on $40,000 bond.

PREVIOUS STORY:

A stabbing suspect was scheduled to make a first appearance Wednesday on charges he stabbed a man last month.

Goldsboro police arrested 43-year-old Kelton Sutton, Jr. of 608 Simmons Street Tuesday. Police say he stabbed Charles Smith several times in the lower right leg the night of June 30. Smith told police he was sitting in a truck near George and Oak Streets when he was attacked around 10:45 p.m.

Sutton is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and carrying a concealed weapon. His bond was set at $40,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 214900291 - witn.com/a?a=214900291