This undated photo provided Monday, May 4, 2009 by the San Bernardino County, Ca. Sheriff's Department shows Briant Rodriguez. Authorities say the 3-year-old boy was kidnapped Sunday by two gunmen who broke into his family's home in Southern California and tied up his mother and her five other children. (AP Photo/San Bernardino County, Ca. Sheriff's Department)
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. -- A 3-year-old California boy kidnapped nearly two weeks ago is said to be in good spirits after being reunited with his mother.
Officials say Briant Rodriguez appears to be unharmed, though his long, curly locks have been shaved off.
San Bernardino County Sheriff Rod Hoops says the odds that Briant would be found safe had been going down every day, but he says his detectives "never gave up."
The child was found alone Thursday, wandering the streets of the border town of Mexicali, Mexico.
The boy is being checked over at a southern California hospital.
The reunion between Briant and his mother ended an ordeal that began May 3 when authorities say two armed men burst into the family's San Bernardino home.
Authorities say they may be closing in on at least two suspects.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.