Family Wins Trip, Dies In Vacation Home

A district judge in Colorado has approved a request to have a grand jury investigate the carbon monoxide-poisoning deaths of a family vacationing at a home near Aspen.

The order comes about three weeks after a request by the district attorney. The grand jury will convene sometime this summer.

Members will determine if charges are warranted in the deaths of Parker and Caroline Lofgren and their children, 10-year-old Owen and 8-year-old Sophie.

The family was found dead in a home outside Aspen the day after Thanksgiving after winning a weekend at the vacation home in a fundraiser. Investigators say a disconnected exhaust pipe in a utility closet was leaking carbon-monoxide gas.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 43689342 -
Gray Television, Inc.