A family friend says a man whose wife and three children were found slain in their North Carolina home believes he has no reason to live and hasn't eaten since the deaths.
Mai Cai, who lives next door, said Friday that Brian Tzeo hasn't eaten since he learned his wife, two daughters and son were killed Thursday morning while he was at work. They were found shot or stabbed to death in their home near Conover, about 40 miles northwest of Charlotte.
A witness told authorities she'd picked up the 17-year-old daughter for school, but returned to the home after telling her of seeing a suspicious man near the house. When they returned, the teen opened the front door and was pulled into the house by the same unidentified man.
The other children were a 20-year-old woman and 3-year-old boy.
Authorities are trying to compile an accurate description of a man suspected of killing a mother and her three children in their North Carolina home.
Catawba County Sheriff David Huffman said Friday that deputies are stopping commuters in the neighborhood to ask if anyone saw the suspicious man lingering near the house before the family was found dead Thursday morning.
He said investigators have received varying descriptions -- different races, ages, heights and weights.
Huffman said he believes the house was targeted when the father was away at work. Deputies were processing a gun found in the bushes nearby and two stolen vehicles that were found Thursday still running, one near the home and one near the school of one of the victims.
North Carolina authorities are looking for a suspect in the slayings of a mother and her three children in their home.
Catawba County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Coy Reid says a teenage girl who called 911 on Thursday morning said a man had grabbed her friend who was walking up to the house near Conover and pulled her inside. Conover is about 40 miles northwest of Charlotte.
The caller said she picked her friend up for school. But her friend asked to go home when the teen told her she had just seen a man near the house.
Reid says authorities found the woman and her young son, teenage daughter and adult daughter either shot or stabbed to death in the house.
North Carolina authorities are looking for a man after a mother and three children were killed in their home.
Catawba County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Coy Reid said a neighbor called authorities at 7 a.m. after seeing the woman being attacked on her front porch just north of Conover in Catawba County, about 40 miles northwest of Charlotte.
Authorities found the woman and her three children -- including an adult daughter, a teenage daughter and a young boy -- either shot or stabbed to death. The father had been at work at the time of the incident, Reid said.
Authorities are looking for a man in his late 30s or early 40s, about 5-foot-10 who was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweat shirt. Reid said the man is believed to be in a black or dark blue newer model Toyota Camry.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)