A fire this afternoon at the Craven County jail is under control.
It happened shortly after 4:00 p.m. with reports of smoke on the second floor.
New Bern fire trucks responded and briefly blocked streets in front of the courthouse.
We're told the fire started in a clothes dryer and was caused by too much lint. Non-essential jail employees were asked to leave the building, but prisoners were not evacuated.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.