Posted: 5:56 AM
- A New Bern father is facing a driving while impaired charge after police said he backed his car halfway into a convenience store Wednesday night, all while his three-year-old son was in the backseat.
- On Wednesday, a jury unanimously found Laurence Lovette not guilty of first-degree murder in the death of Duke graduate student Abhijit Mahato. Lovette was accused of killing Mahato in January 2008.
- North Carolina authorities say a South Carolina man posed as a Charlotte pastor and a State Bureau of Investigation agent to scam people out of money in a scheme involving nude pictures and supposedly broken church windows.
- Runners in the Jacksonville area are encouraged to dress up as a "bad guy" and "run with the law" this Saturday, August 2nd. Proceeds from the race will go to the NC Special Olympics.
- Beaufort Police say 21-year-old Donovan Crumbacker is charged with heroin possession and several other charges following the accident in front of the General Store on Front Street.
- The woman authorities say backed over a 2-year-old child in Pender County last Saturday, who later died from injuries, is now facing a new charge from this weekend for drinking and driving.