- In a plea deal with prosecutors, Shamel Brown pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact to first degree murder, first degree burglary, and conspiracy to commit first degree murder.
- Kuante Stanley was originally charged with two counts of first degree murder for the deaths of 29-year-old Shakeyta Woolard of Greenville and 27-year-old Keri Kenlaw of Washington.
- At first, detectives thought a knife fight killed two local men. Then the investigation took a turn and one victim's wife was charged with murder. Now, she is preparing to going on trial.
- Coast Guard Sector North Carolina personnel are requesting assistance from the public in identifying a suspected hoax caller who is suspected to have made seven false distress calls during the past two years in the vicinity of New Bern.
- All of Lakim Faust's victims where white men. In the beginning of the case, the now 24-year-old was indicted for ethnic intimidation. That was not one of the charges presented in the case on Monday.
- Authorities say a child rape suspect who went on a violent multi-state crime spree, including here in North Carolina, told people his "ultimate goal" was to return to Massachusetts to kill the 13-year-old rape victim.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777