- Parks and Recreation Director Gary Fenton says they're reaching out to the public, asking for their input on how to improve it. Fenton says they're considering camping opportunities, zip lines, boat rentals and BMX ramps.
- Marine Corps officers in North Carolina are launching a formal investigation into whether a Lebanese-American Marine deserted his unit in Iraq or later after returning to the United States.
- Millions of dollars in health insurance rebates will be coming to consumers in North Carolina from companies the government says spent too much of premium dollars on profits and red tape last year.
- The Beaufort County School District is looking at ways to maximize efficiency when it comes to using its school bus fleet, and to help more high school students earn college credits in the process.
- A new report from the Center for the Study of the American Electorate at American University, shows NC is one of only a few states where voting participation was not down compared to the 2010 mid-term elections.
- A condemned Arizona inmate gasped and snorted for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.