Posted: 4:08 PM
- President Barack Obama has announced new economic sanctions against key sectors of the Russian economy in the latest move by the U.S. to force Russian President Vladimir Putin to end his support for Ukrainian rebels.
Posted: 3:34 PM
- North Carolina House and Senate Republicans have unveiled the details of a budget that gives teachers a 7 percent raise, preserves teacher assistant positions and makes a 1 percent cut to the Medicaid reimbursement rate for health care providers.
Updated: 12:32 PM
- North Carolina and 12 other states have settled an investigation into improper lending with a court agreement to shut down the company and provide $92 million in debt relief for 17,800 U.S. military personnel.
- Beaufort Police say 21-year-old Donovan Crumbacker is charged with heroin possession and several other charges following the accident in front of the General Store on Front Street.
- A bipartisan deal announced Monday would authorize about $17 billion to help veterans avoid long waits for health care, hire more doctors and nurses to treat veterans and make it easier to fire executives at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Updated: 8:16 AM
- Elizabeth City State University's chancellor is asking for thoughts and prayer for the family of one of their administrators, who was killed in a Monday morning wreck with an 18-wheeler.