- Severe thunderstorms across the Northeast have slowed operations at airports, wreaked havoc at outdoor sporting and musical events and sent people scurrying from a beach in New York after three men there were struck by lightning.
- Like many of her neighbors, Satomi Inokoshi worries that her gritty hometown is being spoiled by the newcomers and the money that have rolled into Iwaki since the Fukushima nuclear disaster almost three and a half years ago.
- An international airdrop of food and water supported by U.S. airstrikes sought to bring relief to the beleaguered Iraqi town of Amirli, which has been under siege by Islamic State militants for nearly two months, the Pentagon said Saturday night.
- A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for stealing nearly 40 handguns from a federally licensed Wilmington gun shop.
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky pounced Friday on President Barack Obama's "we don't have a strategy yet" comments about the violent militant faction attacking cities in Iraq — but other potential Republican 2016 presidential hopefuls laid off as they wowed the crowd at an influential conservative gathering.
- One person has been arrested but Beaufort County deputies are still looking for another after a store break-in where the thieves tried to get into a sweepstakes machine money holder.
Poll Results: Apple is expected to reveal a new mobile payment system alongside the iPhone 6 in September. It would allow you to use your phone to pay for items at the cash register similar to PayPal.Is this something you'd be interested in for your Apple device?
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777