16 mins ago
- Marine Corp officers in North Carolina are launching a formal investigation into whether a Lebanese-American Marine deserted his unit in Iraq or later after returning to the United States.
5 mins ago
- Millions of dollars in health insurance rebates will be coming to consumers in North Carolina from companies the government says spent too much of premium dollars on profits and red tape last year.
- The Beaufort County School District is looking at ways to maximize efficiency when it comes to using its school bus fleet, and to help more high school students earn college credits in the process.
- A new report from the Center for the Study of the American Electorate at American University, shows NC is one of only a few states where voting participation was not down compared to the 2010 mid-term elections.
- A condemned Arizona inmate gasped and snorted for more than an hour and a half during his execution Wednesday before he died in an episode sure to add to the scrutiny surrounding the death penalty in the U.S.
- Soldiers from two 101st Airborne Division brigades from Fort Campbell and from the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, will deploy to Afghanistan, involving about 3,600 soldiers.
Posted: 11:28 AM
- A man armed with a rifle and a handgun crashed a stolen SUV through a garage, and then attempted to carjack vehicles on Colorado's Interstate 70 near Genesee Wednesday before being tackled by a Jefferson County deputy.
- An internal investigation finds that jailers at the New Hanover County jail followed proper policies and procedures when former Brunswick County Sheriff Ronald Hewett died earlier there this month.
Poll Results: NOAA says June's average global temperature of 61.2 degrees makes it the hottest June on record, prompting one climate scientist to say, "This is what global warming looks like." Do you believe that's what's to blame for the increase in temperature?