Tuscan Bread Salad
Tuscany is famous for lots of things, including its classic bread salad. Well, now we can make it at home, too, using fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions -- in just minutes!
Preparation Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
10 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 (5-ounce) package seasoned croutons (see Note)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
See a Cuban Pork Adobo Salad Recipe
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and croutons.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; pour over vegetables and croutons.
3. Toss gently and serve immediately.
• You can always add some cooked chicken or shrimp to make this salad a complete meal.
• Wanna finish this off with a great dessert? We'd like to suggest our cool and refreshing Peach Melba Parfaits!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Tuscan-Bread-Salad-164#XlAJhJMFLoHR2IsM.99