How to Carve a Turkey
Turkey Carving Tips
Carving your holiday bird doesn't have to be a chore! Our step-by-step tips will guide you to a perfectly carved turkey that you can proudly present at your Thanksgiving feast!
TEST KITCHEN TURKEY CARVING TIPS
• Roast your turkey the day before or early on the day you're going to serve it.
• Remove turkey from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving it, to prevent the juices from escaping.
• Remove thighs and drumsticks by gently bending each away from the carcass and, using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut between the joints.
• Using a sharp knife, cut along one side of the breast bone to remove the entire breast in one piece. It will look like a big boneless roast. Repeat same step on other side.
• Remove wings.
• Place cut-up turkey in a heavy roasting pan and, if you’re serving it soon, let it sit, covered, to keep warm. If you’re preparing it ahead of time, cover the pan and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat it.
• To reheat it, pour some chicken broth into the pan, cover it, and heat it in a preheated oven or, even faster and smarter, to free up oven space, steam it on the stovetop about 15 minutes. Either way, you’ll have the juiciest turkey ever! Right before serving, simply slice the turkey breast across the grain and you're ready to go with no mess and no fuss at the table.
Our Thanksgiving gift to you is this easy recipe for Classic Roast Turkey. No need to thank us, just enjoy!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/How-To/How-To-Carve-a-Turkey#Uatg32IqtsbgGAml.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.