Steamin' Taters 'n' Beans
SERVES6 COOK TIME45 MinREADY IN45 Min
Sometimes simple is best...like here we've got fresh green beans and red potatoes boiled up with a little salt pork. Steamin' Taters 'n' Beans is a Southern classic that combines great flavor with ease -- our favorite combo!
What You'll Need:
• 1 (2-ounce) piece salt pork, (see note)
• 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 12 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
• 2 teaspoons salt
Find Your Perfect Kenmore® Grill Today.
What To Do:
1. In a large pot, combine salt pork, green beans, and pepper with enough water to cover. Place potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt. Cover loosely and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes and beans are tender. Serve in bowls with broth.
•Three slices of raw bacon will work just as well as salt pork.
•In the South, they call the broth "pot liquor" and serve it with plenty of cornbread for dunking. Here's one of our yummy cornbread recipes for you to try!
Share This Recipe
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Steamin-Taters-n-Beans-782#xuQ5lcSLxD2VTxzd.99