Skinny Eggplant Parmigiana
Layers of breaded eggplant, mozzarella and tomato sauce make your mouth water as the smell of this classic Italian dish fills your kitchen.
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 eggplant (12 to 15 ounces), trimmed and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup light spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat two 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well. Place flour in another shallow dish and place eggs in a third shallow dish.
3. Dip eggplant slices in flour, then eggs, then bread crumb mixture, coating completely with each. Arrange eggplant in a single layer on baking sheets. Lightly coat tops of eggplant with cooking spray.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
5. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly over eggplant slices, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 to 7 additional minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
• Want to start off with a nice, warm bowl of soup? We'd like to suggest our Hearty Lentil Soup!
Read more at http://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Casseroles/Skinny-Eggplant-Parmigiana#BmSZB57UwTBoPe7I.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.