Shells with Broccoli
Close your eyes and you're in the south of Italy! Well, not quite, but this is a popular way to enjoy pasta the way Southern Italians do.
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
1 pound shell pasta or similar shape
1 head broccoli, cut into florets with 1-inch stems
1/4 pound pepperoni, diced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Enter for a Chance to Win a Kitchen Makeover
What To Do:
1. In a small skillet over low heat, heat olive oil and butter until melted; stir in garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Do not let the garlic brown.)
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and broccoli 8 to 10 minutes, or until both are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
3. Toss with garlic mixture, reserved cooking water, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
• We recommend starting off with a bowl of our delicious Minestrone Soup!
• We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Shells-with-Broccoli-3466#M04cEiM0ZdLlKwpM.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.