Shells with Broccoli
Close your eyes and you're in the south of Italy! Well, not quite, but this is a popular way to enjoy pasta the way Southern Italians do.
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
1 pound shell pasta or similar shape
1 head broccoli, cut into florets with 1-inch stems
1/4 pound pepperoni, diced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Enter for a Chance to Win a Kitchen Makeover
What To Do:
1. In a small skillet over low heat, heat olive oil and butter until melted; stir in garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook until garlic is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Do not let the garlic brown.)
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and broccoli 8 to 10 minutes, or until both are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
3. Toss with garlic mixture, reserved cooking water, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
• We recommend starting off with a bowl of our delicious Minestrone Soup!
• We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Shells-with-Broccoli-3466#M04cEiM0ZdLlKwpM.99