Secret Tempura Combo
Secret Tempura Chicken
This recipe for Secret Tempura Combo may just put your favorite Asian restaurant out of business! And we love it because it also works with almost any type of vegetable (although firm ones work best).
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
2 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit baking mix
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups club soda
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
3 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
8-Inch Chef's Knife. Under $10!
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine baking mix, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Add club soda; mix well. Add remaining ingredients except oil; stir to coat completely.
2. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil just until hot. Place coated chicken and vegetables in hot oil one piece at a time. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until coating is golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Continue until all are cooked, discarding any remaining batter.
3. Serve immediately, or keep warm on a baking sheet in a low oven.
• If the batter thickens, just add a little more club soda to get it to the proper consistency.
• We recommend you serve this with another favorite, our Asian Cabbage Salad!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Secret-Tempura-Combo#74294y483RMRqQ2q.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.