Russian Tea Cakes
•Save to Recipe Box
•Rate & Comment
Russian Tea Cakes
Tea cookies seem to have origins from many different countries, but we're going with the recipe that dates back to 18th century Russia. No matter where they originated, we know no one can resist the buttery, nutty recipe we're calling Russian Tea Cakes!
Makes: 3 dozen
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
2 sticks butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Make Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and water; beat well. With a spoon, stir in flour and pecans. Shape into 1-inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until bottoms of cookies are light golden. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
4. Place confectioners' sugar in a resealable plastic storage bag; add a few cookies at a time and shake until completely coated. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
• These are perfect to make and keep on hand for drop-in company, since they'll stay fresh for a couple of weeks if stored in an airtight container.
• And when you put these out, be sure to serve them with steaming mugs of our Viennese Coffee!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Russian-Tea-Cakes-MF#YzSMgU7lMdbA3OQL.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.