Root Beer Chicken
If you love the taste of old-fashioned root beer, then you'll love this lip-smackin' chicken. The root beer adds a rich caramel accent to the BBQ sauce.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 20 min
What You'll Need:
1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup root beer
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
8-Inch Chef's Knife. Under $10! at Amazon Save on a 5 Star 8-Inch Chef's Knife
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in baking dish; season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat chicken with sauce and grill 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with sauce. Bring remaining sauce to a boil, then serve with chicken.
• Potato salad, anyone? Try our delicious Red Potato Salad for a great go-along!
• Save the rest of that root beer and wash down your meal with a Soda Fountain Root Beer Float.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Root-Beer-Chicken#w31WWaK2w0hvfUpO.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.