Root Beer Chicken
If you love the taste of old-fashioned root beer, then you'll love this lip-smackin' chicken. The root beer adds a rich caramel accent to the BBQ sauce.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 20 min
What You'll Need:
1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup root beer
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
8-Inch Chef's Knife. Under $10! at Amazon Save on a 5 Star 8-Inch Chef's Knife
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken pieces in baking dish; season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and juices run clear.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, or until sauce is reduced by half.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Coat chicken with sauce and grill 5 minutes per side, basting frequently with sauce. Bring remaining sauce to a boil, then serve with chicken.
• Potato salad, anyone? Try our delicious Red Potato Salad for a great go-along!
• Save the rest of that root beer and wash down your meal with a Soda Fountain Root Beer Float.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Root-Beer-Chicken#w31WWaK2w0hvfUpO.99