Pot of Gold
It's said that there's a Pot of Gold at the end of every rainbow. Well, this colorful gelatin dessert is sure to add sunshine and a rainbow of color to your taste buds and your table!
Chilling Time: 8 hr
What You'll Need:
1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
1 (4-serving size) package orange-flavored gelatin
3 cups boiling water, divided
1 cup cold water, divided
1 (4-serving size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
1. Prepare the strawberry and orange gelatins separately by dissolving each in 1 cup boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water to each then pour into an 8-inch square pan.
2. Chill about 1-1/2 hours or until firm, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Dissolve lemon gelatin and sugar in 1 cup boiling water and stir in orange juice; chill until slightly thickened (about 30 minutes). Stir in pineapple tidbits and whipped topping; mix well. Fold in gelatin cubes and pour into a 10-inch bundt pan. Chill 6 to 8 hours, or until firm.
4. When ready to serve, dip bundt pan three-quarters of the way up the sides in hot water for 10 seconds and invert quickly over a serving plate that is larger than the pan. Gently shake to loosen the dessert from the pan. Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
• Our Test Kitchen has come up with some clever ways to use gelatin, like our Orange Blossom Surprises!
• Plus, for a potluck-ready salad recipe, make sure to check out our Cherry Cola Salad.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Pot-of-Gold#xFVufzBLcd3mMiX8.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.