Pot of Gold
It's said that there's a Pot of Gold at the end of every rainbow. Well, this colorful gelatin dessert is sure to add sunshine and a rainbow of color to your taste buds and your table!
Chilling Time: 8 hr
What You'll Need:
1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin
1 (4-serving size) package orange-flavored gelatin
3 cups boiling water, divided
1 cup cold water, divided
1 (4-serving size) package lemon-flavored gelatin
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 (8-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What To Do:
1. Prepare the strawberry and orange gelatins separately by dissolving each in 1 cup boiling water; stir until completely dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water to each then pour into an 8-inch square pan.
2. Chill about 1-1/2 hours or until firm, then cut into 1-inch cubes. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
3. Dissolve lemon gelatin and sugar in 1 cup boiling water and stir in orange juice; chill until slightly thickened (about 30 minutes). Stir in pineapple tidbits and whipped topping; mix well. Fold in gelatin cubes and pour into a 10-inch bundt pan. Chill 6 to 8 hours, or until firm.
4. When ready to serve, dip bundt pan three-quarters of the way up the sides in hot water for 10 seconds and invert quickly over a serving plate that is larger than the pan. Gently shake to loosen the dessert from the pan. Cut into 1/2-inch slices. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
• Our Test Kitchen has come up with some clever ways to use gelatin, like our Orange Blossom Surprises!
• Plus, for a potluck-ready salad recipe, make sure to check out our Cherry Cola Salad.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Pot-of-Gold#xFVufzBLcd3mMiX8.99