Mr. Food Monte Cristo
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
In honor of Mr. Food and his love of traditions, we combined his love of breaking bread with family and his favorite way to use Challah bread which was to make a grilled Monte Cristo sandwich. We know he'd be proud his legacy has carried on and if you listen closely enough, you can hear those four words we loved hearing him say so much... "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
16 slices egg bread (challah)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
Buy a Lighted Snowman
Powered by Swoop
What To Do:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
2. Equally divide the turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
3. In a large skillet or on a griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until egg is golden and cheese is melted.
4. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Serve sandwiches immediately.
• If desired, serve with powdered sugar.
• Click here to watch a heartfelt tribute to Mr. Food!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Mr-Food-Monte-Cristo#aixFqA1u57WTT11k.99