SERVES6 COOK TIME4 Hr 30 MinREADY IN4 Hr 30 Min
We use lots of paprika in our Hungarian Goulash, so that you really get to experience the traditional flavors in our inspired and hearty stew. And when it's served over buttery noodles, you can bet on your whole family gobblin' up every last bite!
What You'll Need:
• 2 pounds top round beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
• 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
• Warm cooked buttered noodles or rice
What To Do:
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine beef, onion, and garlic; mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme; mix well. Add to meat mixture, tossing to coat well. Add tomatoes with liquid, carrots, and bay leaf; mix well.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4-1/2 to 5 hours hours or on LOW setting 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.
Hope your gang saved room for dessert! We recommend our cool and creamy Lemon Pie for a refreshing end to your meal!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Slow-Cooker-Recipes/Hungarian-Goulash-4302#WQi5jRdVGEu1wCuv.99