Homemade Microwave Pickles
Never made your own pickles? What are you waiting for?! With the help of the microwave, we can make pickles way faster than our grandmas ever could, and now we can have them homemade whenever we want!
Makes: 2 cups
Chilling Time: 2 hr
What You'll Need:
1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
1. In a microwaveable 2-quart bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
2. Microwave uncovered at 80% power 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow pickles to cool.
3. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
• There are so many ways to enjoy cool and refreshing cucumbers. We'd like to suggest our Creamy Cucumber Salad as another tasty option!
• Don't stop there! We've got so many more great microwave recipes right here.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Vegetables/Homemade-Microwave-Pickles#Mm7qdrcrHrLjhWR8.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.