German Potato Pancakes
We use real potatoes in our German Potato Pancakes to make sure we get that classic potato pancake taste we know and love. Whether you serve these up for a family breakfast or serve 'em on the side of dinner, we know the gang'll go crazy for them!
Makes: 7 to 8 pancakes
Cooking Time: 20 min
What You'll Need:
4 baking potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Make Apple Butter Baked Beans
What To Do:
1. Coarsely grate the potatoes and put them and the onion in a strainer. Press down with the back of a large spoon to extract excess moisture. (If they're still watery, wrap them in a clean dish towel and squeeze to extract moisture.)
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and egg; mix well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 inch oil. Using about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake, add batter to the hot oil, being careful not to crowd the pan.
4. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden; turn and fry an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Add more oil as needed until all batter is used. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
•Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen will be cookin' up all week long!
• Serve with applesauce, sour cream, or any of your favorite toppings. You can even make your own applesauce in a jiffy!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/German-Potato-Pancakes-MF#OOD7Klv13DwqwY36.99