Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad
MAKES8 cupsCOOK TIME10 MinREADY IN10 Min
Have a lot of fresh cucumbers on hand? Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad is a great go-along for any meal. You can throw it together in a jiffy.
Click to download...
What You'll Need:
•8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (about 5 cucumbers)
•1 large onion, thinly sliced
•1 1/2 cups white vinegar
•1/2 cup sugar
•3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic)
•1 tablespoon vegetable oil
•4 teaspoons salt
•1 cup water
•1/2 teaspoon white pepper
•3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1 to 2 tablespoons dried dillweed)
Learn How to Make Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onion; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, mix together vinegar, sugar, garlic, oil, salt, and water; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour mixture over cucumbers and onion; add pepper and dill and mix well.
3. Keep refrigerated. Serve well chilled.
• This may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
• We have even more delicious deli salad recipes in our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad & More.
• Plus, find out how you can turn those leftover cucumbers into pickles with our recipe for Homemade Microwave Pickles!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Every-Mamas-Favorite-Cucumber-Salad-3927#qXoLEojCEobmBf3q.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.