Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad
MAKES8 cupsCOOK TIME10 MinREADY IN10 Min
Have a lot of fresh cucumbers on hand? Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad is a great go-along for any meal. You can throw it together in a jiffy.
Click to download...
What You'll Need:
•8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (about 5 cucumbers)
•1 large onion, thinly sliced
•1 1/2 cups white vinegar
•1/2 cup sugar
•3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic)
•1 tablespoon vegetable oil
•4 teaspoons salt
•1 cup water
•1/2 teaspoon white pepper
•3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1 to 2 tablespoons dried dillweed)
Learn How to Make Easy Hard Boiled Eggs
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onion; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, mix together vinegar, sugar, garlic, oil, salt, and water; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour mixture over cucumbers and onion; add pepper and dill and mix well.
3. Keep refrigerated. Serve well chilled.
• This may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
• We have even more delicious deli salad recipes in our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad & More.
• Plus, find out how you can turn those leftover cucumbers into pickles with our recipe for Homemade Microwave Pickles!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Every-Mamas-Favorite-Cucumber-Salad-3927#qXoLEojCEobmBf3q.99