English Two in One
SERVES6 PREP30 MinCOOK TIME45 MinREADY IN1 Hr 15 Min
If you're a fan of warm-ya-up casseroles that are so good you keep going back for seconds, then this English-inspired dish should be tops on your what-to-make-this-weekend list! Don't just take our word for it; try it and let us know what you think!
What You'll Need:
•1 cup all-purpose flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 cup milk
•1/4 cup cold water
•3 eggs, lightly beaten
•1 pound mild rope sausage, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
See a Hawaiian Sweet & Sour Sausage Recipe
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; add milk a little at a time and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add water and eggs and beat until bubbly. Cover loosely and set aside for 30 minutes in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
3. Meanwhile, place sausage in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and pour batter over sausage.
4. Bake on center oven rack 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy, well browned, and crisp.
• Spoon out the Yorkshire pudding and sausage so that you get two favorites in every mouthful!
• We just love our English-inspired dishes! Why not also try our easy version of Cottage Pie?
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pork/English-Two-in-One-1186#Zqyx45Fow47paeer.99