Easy Funnel Cakes
Remember those delectable fried funnel cakes you used to get at the fair? Well, now you can make these Pennsylvania Dutch treats at home with our recipe for Easy Funnel Cakes.
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Oil for frying
Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla until well blended. Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch of oil until hot, but not smoking.
4. Holding a finger over bottom of a funnel with a 5/8-inch opening, pour 1/2 cup of batter into funnel. Drizzle batter into hot oil, swirling it in circles from center outward. Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve warm.
• Use the batter right away, or it will thicken too much to pass easily through the funnel!
• If you love State Fair food, you'll want to check out our other fair favorites!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastry/Easy-Funnel-Cakes#xWIWPO5LZQOK2KpF.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.