Easy Corn Fritters
Our recipe for Easy Corn Fritters is a take-off on a traditional American classic. We've made it as easy as possible 'cause, after all, isn't that what we need these days?
Makes: about 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup salsa
1 (14-3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
1/4 cup vegetable oil, or more as needed
See a Red Sangria Recipe
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs and salsa; mix well. Stir in both corns.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil . Drop batter into hot skillet 1 tablespoonful at a time and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning fritters halfway through cooking. Remove to a covered platter.
3. Add another tablespoon oil to skillet. When hot, repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
• Our Easy Corn Fritters can be served with an omelet instead of home fries, as an appetizer by themselves, or with warm salsa for dipping.
• Why not try one of our other great appetizer recipes with a bit of a south-of-the-border flair: Black Bean Salsa!
• Plus, try some of our other great fritter recipes like our Pineapple Fritters or our Cowboy Bean Fritters.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Easy-Corn-Fritters-1541#3Id4Ok4kCj34XQ8S.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.