Easy Corn Fritters
Our recipe for Easy Corn Fritters is a take-off on a traditional American classic. We've made it as easy as possible 'cause, after all, isn't that what we need these days?
Makes: about 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup salsa
1 (14-3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 cup fresh or frozen corn (thawed if frozen)
1/4 cup vegetable oil, or more as needed
See a Red Sangria Recipe
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs and salsa; mix well. Stir in both corns.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil . Drop batter into hot skillet 1 tablespoonful at a time and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden, turning fritters halfway through cooking. Remove to a covered platter.
3. Add another tablespoon oil to skillet. When hot, repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
• Our Easy Corn Fritters can be served with an omelet instead of home fries, as an appetizer by themselves, or with warm salsa for dipping.
• Why not try one of our other great appetizer recipes with a bit of a south-of-the-border flair: Black Bean Salsa!
• Plus, try some of our other great fritter recipes like our Pineapple Fritters or our Cowboy Bean Fritters.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Easy-Corn-Fritters-1541#3Id4Ok4kCj34XQ8S.99