"Don't Peek" Chicken
It doesn't get much easier than this one-pot recipe. You've only got one dish to clean tonight and remember, don't peek while this is cooking -- it'll be worth the wait!
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 min
What You'll Need:
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce box)
1 soup can cold water
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
Paprika for sprinkling
8-Inch Chef's Knife. Under $10! at Amazon Save on a 5 Star 8-Inch Chef's Knife
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together rice, soups, soup mix, water, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
4. Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do NOT open cover (not even to peek!) during baking.
• Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley before serving for an impressive finishing touch.
• This is great made ahead and rewarmed in the oven or microwave. For a different taste treat, why not try adding some carrot or celery chunks or using flavored rice? And remember, bottled garlic is a wonderful time-saver.
• Serve this up with a side of our tasty Cauliflower Stir Fry!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Dont-Peek-Chicken-3025#eEEYTjrUIVij4YIS.99