Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice
No need to pick up Chinese take-out when it's easy as can be to make some of our favorites, like vegetable fried rice. Our Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice can go from your skillet to your table in minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
3 cups cold cooked rice
1/4 cup soy sauce
Enter and you Could Win a Kitchen Makeover
What To Do:
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Add eggs and scramble, then break up scrambled eggs into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Heat remaining oil in skillet; add peas and carrots and cook 3 minutes. Add rice and soy sauce and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in scrambled egg pieces and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
• This is a great dish to make when you have leftover rice, or the next time you make rice, just make extra so you'll have some ready to go for this dish.
• If you would like a healthier version of this recipe, try using brown rice instead of white rice.
• Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Chopstick-Veggie-Fried-Rice-1760#G8vOkmiQh1UTpbYf.99