Caramel Pear Cake
It's so much easier today to get the tastes of old-fashioned homemade cakes without all the old-fashioned fuss. Start with a spice cake mix, add fresh pears, caramel topping and mmmm... Is that old-fashioned enough?
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
2 fresh pears, pared, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Keurig K-Cups Under $30
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into prepared baking dish. Arrange sliced pears in 2 rows on top of cake batter.
3. Bake 32 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 20 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, water, and butter to make caramel glaze. Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with walnuts. Let cool completely.
• If you'd like to vary the taste of the cake a bit, use pecans instead of walnuts for a Louisiana praline touch!
• We bet you'll also love our Spice Bars -- easy to make but they'll take you back in time!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Caramel-Pear-Cake-3092#PdTmHTJhEiTbpvOC.99