Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake
SERVES10 COOK TIME50 MinREADY IN50 Min
There's a popular new (well, maybe not so new) ingredient that so versatile and good for you, we just had to share it! It's coconut oil, and it can be used to make everything from popcorn to scrambled eggs, from sauteed chicken to baked goods. We used it to make our Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake and is it ever moist and delicious!
Click to download...
What You'll Need:
•1/2 cup chopped walnuts
•1/2 cup coarsely chopped chocolate chips
•1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•1/3 cup buttermilk
•3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
•1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
•1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
•2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (4 to 5 bananas)
•3 cups all-purpose flour
•2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
•3/4 teaspoon baking soda
•1/2 teaspoon salt
Learn How to Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a paper towel, lightly coat Bundt pan with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, chocolate chips, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, coconut oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; using a whisk, mix until well blended. Stir in bananas; mix well. Whisk remaining ingredients into banana mixture until well combined.
4. Spoon 1/3 of the cake batter into Bundt pan and sprinkle with half the walnut mixture. Spoon another 1/3 of the cake batter into pan, and sprinkle with remaining walnut mixture. Cover with remaining cake batter.
5. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes, then invert onto serving platter; cool completely then top with Chocolate Glaze (see Note).
In a microwaveable bowl, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Stir in 1 tablespoon coconut oil then allow glaze to cool and thicken slightly. Pour over top of cooled cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Allow to set before serving.
To melt the coconut oil, place it in a measuring cup and microwave it in 15 second intervals until it's pourable.
To learn more about coconut oil, visit http://www.louana.com/.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Banana-Chocolate-Swirl-Cake#fJkhuoE3ZcUuQVSL.99