Fritters are simply small portions of yummy batter that are deep-fried. This one's especially tasty 'cause it's overflowing with the flavor of sweet apples.
Makes: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup vegetable oil
4 to 5 apples, peeled, cored, and cut in 1/4-inch-thick round slices
1 cup confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, milk, and egg; mix well.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Dip apple slices into batter, one at a time, then place in oil.
3. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
4. Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Carefully dip hot fritters in sugar, coating completely. Serve immediately.
• If the batter becomes too thick, be sure to add a tablespoon or two of milk to achieve the desired consistency.
• Serve these up with our incredible Spiced Caramel Apple Cider and be prepared for utter joy!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Desserts/Apple-Fritters#zCZo3fSHvFOF7Jkv.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.