Amish Sausage Balls
This Pennsylvania Dutch recipe for Amish Sausage Balls is so versatile! Whether as a crowd-pleasing appetizer or as a robust main dish, the Amish country flavors come through as loud and clear as the sound of a horse and buggy coming down a country road.
Yields: 26 to 28 balls
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Make Beer Bread for Game Day
What To Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread crumbs, onion, and egg; mix well then form into 1/2-inch balls.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown sausage balls 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over sausage balls, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
• These are traditionally served over rice or curly noodles. However, we also found these perfect as an appetizer served on toothpicks.
• If you want to make these ahead of time, that's fine. Just reheat on a baking sheet in a 250 degree oven.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pork/Amish-Sausage-Balls#ma4BO8rSLg53pySD.99
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.