We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. To report a comment, put your mouse beside the time stamp in the comment (example: 1 minute ago), and a flag will appear. Click the flag to report the comment. You can also e-mail email@example.com. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments.
Here are the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
1. Be civil. Make your point without being rude, mean and disrespectful.
2. Do not post racist, profane or harassing comments. Spelling out profane words with dashes or symbols is not acceptable.
3. Do not post inflammatory comments specifically referring to people who are not public figures or specifically naming a business.
4. Do not post comments that accuse a person of a crime in which that person is not charged.
5. Posters can reference each other and discuss stories but no name calling or attacks on other posters.
6. No SHOUTING. Please post in upper and lowercase. We may opt to post the occasional "ALL CAPS" post but only if there's a possibility that the commenter is not familiar with our posting policy.
7. Do not post anyone’s personal information, such as a telephone number or family information.
8. Stay on topic. Post comments and opinions related to the story subject matter.
9. Comments that promote criminal activity or vigilante justice are not allowed, nor are posts that promote prison violence, assassination or other types of harm.
10. Do not post comments that are insensitive to grieving families. WITN will ban posters who deliberately try to antagonize those families.
WITN reserves the right to decline all comments on stories that involve sexually-related crimes where minors are involved. WITN reserves the right to close comments on a story at any time. WITN reserves the right to change or amend these guidelines at any time. WITN may ban commenters at its discretion.