Winterville Chief: Propane Heater Catches Barn On Fire

The Winterville Fire Chief says a propane heater in a barn to keep dogs warm caught the building on fire Tuesday night.

It happened in the 3700 block of Speight Seed Farm Road around 7:30 p.m.

Winterville Fire Chief Jonathan Heltzel says no one was hurt and the dogs were able to make it out on their own.

He says the barn had about 500 square feet involved in fire, and that portion is a total loss.

Chief Heltzel says, "Be safe about keeping pets warm, bring them inside if you can."

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus