AUTOPSY: UNC Student's Death Result Of Huffing

An autopsy shows a University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student died earlier this year after inhaling computer cleaning spray.

Chapel Hill police found 22-year-old Stedman English Gage of Wilmington unresponsive in his off-campus home on Feb. 22.

The autopsy was released Wednesday. It shows that emergency responders found a can of aerosol computer cleaning spray in the bed and several empty cans in the room.

Dr. Samuel Simmons with the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh said Gage also had signs of cardiovascular disease, which would have made him more susceptible to the spray.

The death has been ruled an accident.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus