After a fire ripped a family's mobile home apart on Thanksgiving morning, officials rule the cause accidental.
Onslow County Fire Marshal, Brian Kelly, told WITN the fire at 1178 Haw Branch Road in the Back Swamp community of Onslow County was ruled accidental before sunrise
Crews got the call around midnight Thanksgiving morning. They arrived to find a double wide mobile home on fire, mostly on the roof, according to Kelly.
The homeowner, his girlfriend, and her two daughters all escaped, uninjured. Officials said the fire left significant damage. The American Red Cross has relocated the family.
Kelly said the cause of the fire will not be relased, though it has been ruled accidental.
Fire Marshal Brian Kelly tells WITN no one was injured in an early morning blaze that caused significant damage to a double wide mobile home.
Kelly said a fire broke out at 1178 Haw Branch Road in the Back Swamp community of Onslow County in the first few minutes of Thanksgiving Day.
The Fire Marshal added while the home owner was home at the time of the fire, he did escape without injuries and even attempted to contain the fire as he waited on crews to arrive. Most of the fire seemed to be contained to the roof of the mobile home, according to Kelly.
No word yet on a cause of the fire. No other homes were damaged in the blaze.