A winter weather advisory has been issued for all of eastern Carolina except Carteret, Onslow, and Duplin counties through 4am Friday. Rain and light sleet continues to fall through the area. Temperatures are still about freezing.
Firefighters say there was significant damage to an apartment after an afternoon fire on Monday.
Williamston firefighters got the call at 5:20 p.m. to the Roanoke Apartments on Gatlin Street.
The fire was caused by unattended items on a kitchen stove in the three bedroom apartment, according to the fire department.
Three people safely made it out and no firefighters were injured putting out the blaze.