Significant Damage To Williamston Apartment After Fire

Firefighters say there was significant damage to an apartment after an afternoon fire on Monday.

Williamston firefighters got the call at 5:20 p.m. to the Roanoke Apartments on Gatlin Street.

The fire was caused by unattended items on a kitchen stove in the three bedroom apartment, according to the fire department.

Three people safely made it out and no firefighters were injured putting out the blaze.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus