The American Red Cross says volunteers are en route to a house fire in Pitt County that displaced ten people.
They will ensure that five adults and five children will have a safe place to stay, and help with food, clothing and supplies after this afternoon's fire.
The fire was reported around 2:10 p.m. on Ladybug Lane in Pactolus.
A firefighter tells us the blaze started in the ceiling between the first and second floor and they're still checking to see what sparked the fire.
Princess Topping says she and her daughter, her four adopted children, her parents and two cousins live in the home.
She said this morning she and her father smelled something burning, but they couldn't see anything. Later a neighbor saw the fire and got the father out.
Topping says the fire was actually kept in check thanks to a frozen water pipe that thawed and sprayed water near the flames.
When she arrived, Topping ran inside and rescued her two guinea pigs.
Because of smoke damage, along with firefighters ripping the ceiling and wall down to get to the fire, the family won't be able to stay there tonight.