Unattended Food On Stove Causes Greenville Apartment Fire

Fire investigators say food left unattended on the stove caused an apartment fire Sunday night that injured one person.

Greenville Fire/Rescue was called to Ridge Place around 8:00 p.m. Everyone safely made it outside, but one adult was transported to Vidant Medical Center for observation.

Firefighters say unattended cooking fires is the #1 cause of house fires in the United States. They remind residents if you're frying, grilling or broiling food, that if you leave your kitchen to turn off the stove.

Previous Story

One person was taken to the hospital following a Greenville apartment fire.

Pitt County 911 says that crews were dispatched to Ridge Place around 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.

We’re told that one person was taken to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is not known.

We have a call into Greenville Fire & Rescue for more details.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus