POLICE: Bare Light Bulb Causes Kinston House Fire

Police say a bare light bulb that was hanging in a closet started a house fire this morning in Kinston.

Firefighters got the call around 10:20 a.m. to the home on Railfence Drive.

Police say the light bulb caught clothes on fire that were in the closet and caused some $10,000 in damage to the home, mostly from the smoke.

The homeowner told police he remembers turning the closet light on and then walking outside when the fire started.

No one was injured in the fire.




 
We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus