POLICE: Bare Light Bulb Causes Kinston House Fire

Police say a bare light bulb that was hanging in a closet started a house fire this morning in Kinston.

Firefighters got the call around 10:20 a.m. to the home on Railfence Drive.

Police say the light bulb caught clothes on fire that were in the closet and caused some $10,000 in damage to the home, mostly from the smoke.

The homeowner told police he remembers turning the closet light on and then walking outside when the fire started.

No one was injured in the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

NBC News Headlines

Michigan Board Approves Petition to Recall Gov. Rick Snyder

The petition seeks to remove Gov. Rick Snyder from office over a schools reshuffle — not over the water crisis in Flint.

U.N. Panel Seeks Greenhouse Gas Rules for Planes

The proposal drew praise from the White House and criticism from environmentalists who said it would be too weak to actually slow global warming.

Parents of 2-Year-Old With Lead Poisoning Sue Flint

Sophia Rodriguez Waid had elevated lead levels in her blood.

What Does 50,000 Volts From a Taser Do to Your Brain?

New research finds that stun guns can create short-term cognitive impairment comparable to dementia — which can lead to unreliable statements to cops.

ISIS Leader's Widow Charged in Kayla Mueller's Kidnapping

Nisreen Assad Ibrahim Bahar, 25, also known as Umm Sayyaf, was married to Abu Sayyaf, an ISIS leader who was killed in a firefight with U.S. forces.

WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 203031001 - witn.com/a?a=203031001
Gray Television, Inc.