Officials: Kids Playing With Matches Spark Washington House Fire

A family in Washington is out of their home after fire officials say kids playing with matches sparked a fire.

It happened at a home at the intersection of East 6th Street and Aycock Street at 4:20 Thursday afternoon.

Fire officials tell us the father living at the home told them three children were playing with matches on the front porch, and part of the porch caught fire.

The flames spread to the front portion of the house, but fortunately, crews were able to control it within 15 minutes after they arrived.

No one was injured.

Officials say 25% of the house has significant fire damage, the rest of the home just has smoke damage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241750191 - witn.com/a?a=241750191
Gray Television, Inc.