Officials: Flat Iron May Have Started House Fire

A family in the east is facing tens of thousands of dollars in fire damage to their home today. And officials think they know what common beauty tool started it.

The fire was reported at 804 School Street in Jacksonville Thursday afternoon. Officials think a flat iron, or hair straightener, was left on while no one was home.

The fire damage is estimated at $30,000.


We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments. powered by Disqus