A small fire Monday afternoon forced the evacuation of an Eastern Carolina high school.
Onslow County Schools says it happened around 12:45 p.m. at Northside High School in Jacksonville.
The school system says the fire was contained to a dryer in the athletic locker room thanks to quick response from Jacksonville firefighters.
As a precaution, administrators evacuated the school, with students and staff placed on the football field until the smoke was cleared.
The school system says after students were safely back inside, parents were alerted to what had happened.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.