Porch Light Causes New Bern Apartment Complex Fire

By  | 

Fire investigators say a fire that damaged an apartment building Tuesday night was caused by an electrical problem.

Several residents evacuated a small apartment complex in New Bern about 8:40 p.m. as firefighters fought back flames at a unit at Westberry Villas.

Fire Marshal Danny Hill says the fire was caused by a porch light. on a balcony of a second floor unit.

He says no one was injured. There are only 4 units in the building. Hill says the top 2 have fire damage and all 4 have water damage.

Neuse Boulevard was blocked to traffic last night near the BSH Home Appliances Factory on Bosch Boulevard.


We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments. powered by Disqus