The boat explosion that sent two men to the hospital over the weekend was accidental.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, the 28 foot long boat was ignited by a spark from a fuel leak.
The paper also reports NC Wildlife Resource Officers believe the boaters did nothing wrong in this case.
The boat explosion happened around 9:45 a.m. Saturday at the Morehead City Yacht Basin.
We know nearby witnesses controlled the fire using fire extinguishers.
Both boaters were taken to the hospital following the explosion, but no word on their recovery yet.
Morehead City Fire & EMS say that 2 men were sent to the hospital following a boat explosion.
Officials say they got the call around 9:46 a.m. for a boat explosion with injuries at the Morehead City Yacht Basin.
When emergency personnel arrived on scene, they say they found a 28 foot Carolina Classic fishing vessel tied to the dock with significant damage due to the explosion.
Officials say 2 men were found injured on the dock. Both were taken to Carteret General Hospital, with one of the men eventually flown to another facility.
Witnesses tell officials that the boat had just been filled with fuel when the explosion occurred. Witnesses in the immediate area used fire extinguishers to control the blaze.
The Army Reserve and Atlantic Beach Fire Department deployed absorbent booms to catch any released fuel, which is believed to have been minimal.
NC Wildlife and Marine Fisheries is investigating the explosion.
Agencies that responded were Morehead City Fire/EMS, Morehead City Police Department, Atlantic Beach Fire Department, Beaufort EMS, US Coast Guard, US Army Reserve, NC Wildlife, and NC Marine Fisheries.